Go to Homepage  In Stock    Samples    Specials 
English  |  Español
 
 
Houzz My Portfolio
Log In
(Sign Up)
RESIDENTIALCOMMERCIAL Call us 213-788-4238
Homepage / Installation Photos / Historic Tile Installations / Panama

Panamanian Tile Photos - Photos of Tiles in Panama


 

Panama has a wealth of historic cement tiles, especially in the historic district ("casco historico" o "casco antiguo") of Panama City. Some of the tiles are under rather a lot of debris, but others are being restored or replicated.

 

If you find any great Panama cement tiles in your travels, be sure to send us some pictures to add to this section.

 
Chic Squares in a Restaurant in Casco Viejo, Panamá
 
Chic Squares in a Restaurant in Casco Viejo, Panamá
 

A cement tile installation in a Casco Viejo restaurant features a lovely, elegant pattern of squares. Tile photo, Granada Tile.

 
  Tags: Panama
 

 
 
Vintage Cement Tile Charm in an Historic Building
 
Vintage Cement Tile Charm in an Historic Building
 

One of the more elaborate cement tile installations Melanie and Marcos discovered while in Panama was in a small lobby. Tile photo, Granada Tile.

 
  Tags: Panama
 

 
 
Simple Cement Tile Design in Casco Viejo, Panama
 
Simple Cement Tile Design in Casco Viejo, Panama
 

We spotted a simple yet very effective concrete tile design on a floor in the old section of Panama City. Tile photo, Granada Tile.

 
  Tags: Panama
 

 
 
Well-Worn Cement Tile in Casco Viejo, Panama
 
Well-Worn Cement Tile in Casco Viejo, Panama
 

Admittedly not the greatest photo, but the cement tile design on the floor down this dimly lit corridor is too beautiful not to share. Tile photo, Granada Tile.

 
  Tags: Panama
 

 
 
Cement Tile and Panama Hats
 
Cement Tile and Panama Hats
 

A simple cement tile installation and the country's eponymous hats at a tourist shop in the historic Casco Viejo section of Panama City. Tile photo, Granada Tile.

 
  Tags: Panama
 

 
 
Before and After in the Historic District of Panama City
 
Before and After in the Historic District of Panama City
 

Although there are no tiles showing in this photo, we have included it to give you a taste of the contrasts in the Historic District of Panama City. About 80% of the Historic District is in dilapidated shape, but the other 20% shows what it did - and once more will - look like.

 
  Tags: Panama
 

 
 
Historic Cement Tiles in Historic Area of Panama City
 
Historic Cement Tiles in Historic Area of Panama City
 

Located in the Historic Area of the City of Panama, this bar (currently called "Havana Club") has two types of mosaics: the kind with tiny ceramic squares that form the word Mosaic and the cement "mosaics" (or tiles) in greens, white and Burgundy.

 
  Tags: Panama
 

 
 
Restored or Replaced?
 
Restored or Replaced?
 

We don't know if this lovely cement tile floor in the Old District of Panama City was restored or replaced. What is for certain is that they did a good job with the colors and designs that could well be from the beginnings of the last century.

 
  Tags: Panama
 

 
 
Historic Cement Tile Peeking Through the Door
 
Historic Cement Tile Peeking Through the Door
 

This is a classic geometric quilt-like pattern in cement tile with a simple, elegant border in the Historic District of Panama City. Notice that the cement tiles are still in reasonably good shape compared to the door. These tiles are made to last - sometimes longer than their buildings.

 
  Tags: Panama
 

 
 
A Reminder of the Meaning of "Historical"
 
A Reminder of the Meaning of
 

These old, forlorn buildings in the Casco Histórico in Panamá City serve as a visceral reminder of the meaning of the word "Historical". Sometimes history is kind to buildings and neighborhoods and other times it condemns them to rack and ruin. In this case, though, the hopes are high that buildings like this one will rise and again and as they do, we hope they choose historically-inspired cement tiles.

 
  Tags: Panama
 

 
   
Residential Cement Tile
 
Commercial Cement Tiles
 
By Collection
 
By City
 
By Designer
 
Historic Tile Installations
© Granada Tile 2011/2013   |   Site Map   |   Privacy Policy
Houzz
PRODUCT COLLECTIONS
Product Comparison
Cement vs. Ceramics
Echo Collection
Milano Collection
Rustico Collection
Antique Collection
Minis Collection
Mauresque Collection
INSTALLATION PHOTOS
Browse Installation Gallery
Residential Cement Tile
Commercial Cement Tiles
By Collection
By City
By Designer
Historic Tile Installations
DESIGN TOOLS
Custom Tiles
Color Palettes
Layout Tool
Catalogs
Inspiration Book
Share Designs
ORDER TILES
Tiles in Stock
Sample Tiles
Specials
Terms of Sale
NEWS/PRESS
Magazines
Lookbooks
Cement Tile Blog
Other Tile Blogs
Releases
Articles / Guides
Videos
ABOUT US
Company
Inspiration
Vision
Values
Peace Project
Environment
CONTACT US
Contact Us
FAQs